|Posted by Shima on October 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM|
Here is the early call for paper of The Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning, the title is "Libraries and Librarians as Forces for Transformative Change: Continuing Education the Fuel".
• Digital Content: How has providing access to digital content made a difference? How are librarians using digital content to facilitate change? How are librarians contributing to the development of new digital content experiences to meet user needs?
• Leadership: What are the ways that librarians are managing and leading change? What kinds of leadership values, attitudes, and beliefs are needed to facilitate change?
• Advocacy: What are some of the ways that librarians have successfully advocated for change? What are some lessons learned about advocacy and effective approaches in today's evolving communications environment? How can librarians demonstrate value?
• Cultural Diversity: How do librarians promote cultural diversity of all kinds (religious, ethnic, etc.)? How do librarians engage and support people from different cultures?
• Mulitilingualism: How do librarians provide access in multilingual environments thereby changing the way information is acquired, managed and delivered?
Please e-mail proposals for papers by January 11, 2012 to Sylvia Piggott at spiggott AT sympatico.ca
For more information about other sections you should go to ifla main website.